In this article, we’ll explore the different ways to import your product data feed.
Simply put, an import is a connection we create between the customer's product data and the Wakeupdata platform.
You can import your product data feed in several ways:
Feed on URL
In this case, you will upload one of the following file formats like XML, CSV, TXT or *JSON.
*For JSON files, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to import a JSON file. Due to the structure of JSON files, we need to add a pre-transformation before you can import it to the platform.
Feed on FTP
The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard transfer method if your data is not accessible on a URL.
To import your product data via FTP, you will need to fill out the following fields to access the data from your FTP:
- The FTP-server hostname URL (usually starting with FTP, FTPs or SFTP)
- The desired path to file you want to use (for example: /products.csv)
To connect your Shopify shop, follow the below guidelines:
- Install Wakeupdata Shopify app following this link: http://services.wakeupdata.com/shopify
When the installation is done, you should see a long list of characters, copy that code and insert it in the field called Shopify Authentication Key.
To connect your WooCommerce shop, please follow the below guidelines:
- Download our plugin from this URL
- Open the WooCommerce admin panel
- Choose plugins
- Choose to add new
- Choose upload plugin (usually placed at the top by the title)
- Upload and install the module you downloaded before
- Activate plugin
- Go to the new plugin in the menu, and generate a feed URL
To connect a Google Spreadsheet, please follow the below steps:
Simply copy the auto-generated URL and use it in the import step.
If you are missing a webshop integration or you have your data in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com as we are able to create custom solutions for you.